Mongrel | ˈmʌŋɡr(ə)l/
noun: mongrel; plural noun: mongrels
- A dog of no definable type or breed. (mixed-breed, half-breed, hybrid)
2. Any animal resulting from the crossing of different breeds
Synonyms: Cross-breed, cross, mixed breed, mutt, yellow dog, kuri, eye-dog, pariah dog; informal: mong, bitzer.
- Offensive: a person of mixed descent.
verb: rupture; 3rd person present: ruptures; past tense: ruptured; gerund or present participle: rupturing;
- 1. (especially of a pipe or container, or bodily part such as an organ or membrane) To break or burst suddenly.”If the main artery ruptures he could die.”
Synonyms: 1. Break, fracture, crack; split, fissure, blowout
“A recent series of pipeline ruptures”
2. break, fracture, crack, breach, burst, split, tear, puncture; informal: burst. i.e. “An abdominal hernia.”
- 2. breach or disturb (a harmonious feeling or situation). Synonyms: sever, break, breach, disrupt, divide, cleave, split, separation, parting, division, alienation.